QtMoko v15 release, upgraded to QT 4.6, qvga does not flicker, using unicode for reading from SIM, wlan fixes, apt-get upgrade fixed, smaller, better GPRS, translations to czech, german, italian and russian language.
Download dfu-util and copy to /usr/bin (if you are windows user then you need to download dfu-util.exe and copy to x:/windows), kernel and rootFS. Plug your FreeRunner into a USB port and boot it into the nand boot loader, hold down the aux button and then the power button until nor appears. The FreeRunner will only stay in in the nand boot loader state installer for about 30 seconds with no activity. You have 30 sec to start flashing kernel or rootFS .
dfu-util -a kernel -R -D uImage-v15.bin
and then rootFS
dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D qtmoko-debian-v15.jffs2
After finishing the installation you have to start the freerunner and calibrate the touch screen.
You should have FAT as first partition and swap on /dev/mmcblk0p4.
Can be changed in /etc/fstab
- Using QT 4.6 (with 2 patches that should be upstream in QT 4.6.1)
- Better QVGA support (no flickering for QMplayer videos now)
- Reading contacts from SIM in unicode (Ant)
- Wlan – fixed WPA-PSK with AES (Torfinn Ingolfsen)
- Fixed RTC problems after apt-get upgrade
- 10MB smaller image size – no python preinstalled now
- Added icon for sharing GPRS connection with PC
- Disabled modem multiplexing – fixes problems with hang in dialer after boot
- For me GPRS is now more stable (with no multiplexing)
- Powering up modem from code
- Fixed alsa scenario for voip
- Enabled voip and google talk
- New applications